The Pool Manager oversees both the lifeguard team and the swim lesson program as well as general club management. Lifeguard certification and water safety instructor certification preferred but similar experience will be taken into consideration. Previous management or leadership experience required.
Pool Manager applicants must be 18 by May 1st, 2024 to apply.
- Rate of Pay: $20-25/hour depending on duties and experience
- Hours: 20-30 hours per week. Weekend hours and on-call hours required.
Applicants must be available to start May 1 and work for the duration of the summer with one week off possible if needed.
Pool Manager duties include:
- The lifeguard manager will work as a lifeguard and fulfill duties noted for the lifeguard position with additional supervisory and administrative responsibility
- Administrative duties include scheduling lifeguard and greeter shifts and helping to arrange shift schedule changes as needed.
- Supervisory duties include training, monitoring and re-training lifeguard staff
- Identifying and coordinating repairs for any pool maintenance issues
- Work closely with the board and especially the staff supervisor to maintain smooth operation of the club for the summer
Swim Program Management
- Manage 6 session (8 days each) swim lesson program
- Train, manage and schedule swim instructors
- Create and manage swim lesson registration forms
- Schedule and manage payment and refunds from clients
- Respond to inquiries and concerns
- Be present to check in swimmers for first day of each session
- Advertise swim lesson program
- Develop and coordinate any needed lesson plans and materials
- Deliver session summary reports
Have questions about this new role? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.